Friday, September 29, 2006

The Devil Wears Prada -Lauren Weisberger

The Devil Wears Prada wasn't initially a top choice read. A little more girly and I normally go for, and just that little bit too popular. But I have to admit, I was surprised. In the first few chapters, I was irritated that Andrea couldn't manage to figure out how to get around the numbered streets in the city, but then again, I didn't know what uptown/downtown on the subway meant when I first moved here. Once entrenched in the story, however, I could not put this book down. Andrea is identifiable - and anyone who has had a demanding job can identify with her. You identify with her stress, her desire to please, and her surprise when an attractive, successful writer takes notice of her at a stuffy fashion party. Surprised as I am, I highly recommend this read.

In Progress:
UML DeMystified -Paul Kimmel
Confederacy of Dunces -John Kennedy Toole
Emma -Jane Austen
Four Past Midnight -Stephen King

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home