Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix

I read the first Harry Potter after seeing the movie with some fanatical friends the day it was released (2001), and put aside any thoughts of reading the rest of the series. Now that the mania has calmed down (or I have successfully been ignoring it), I've read books 2-5 in the past year.

With all the reviews and attention these books get, there is little left to say that is of an original opinion. While book 5, like all the others, is a flawlessly crafted, entertaining story, I must say I was a little disappointed in the ending. Not that the outcome itself wasn't acceptable, but the overall feeling of satisfaction as a result of the outcome was missing. I have yet to determine if this is because of the story itself, or because you know nothing bad can happen to any of the main characters until the final installment.

Only book six holds clues...

In progress:
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince -J.K. Rowling
Catch 22 -Joseph Heller
Emma -Jane Austen
Four Past Midnight -Stephen King

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home